Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos
- 2 lb beef roast (or larger depending on your family size)
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 4 oz can diced green chilis (or use fresh/frozen, or use Rotel diced tomatoes w/ green chilis)
- 10 oz can diced tomatos
- Package of flour tortillas
(Toppings - sour cream, shredded cheese, guacamole. Serve with chips and salsa or rice and beans.)
To Make Ahead:
Place first 6 ingredients in a large zipper bag and refrigerate until you are ready to make.
- Pour bag contents in slow cooker and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
- Shred meat with two forks
- Serve on flour tortillas with cheese, sour cream, & guacamole along with chips and salsa or rice and beans.
- You can make your own guacamole, but I've found the refrigerated varieties at the grocery store to be very good and much faster if you are in a hurry!