basic b*$%h pallet decor
Trends kind of bother me. Not a whole lot, but enough to make me cringe a little when I see the same 10 girls wearing the same thing, or 20 Instagram videos of people doing the same dance move. Maybe it harkens back to my intolerance for mob mentalities...either way, I'm not usually one to jump on many bandwagons.
But here I am, blueprinting a pallet bed. I officially surrender to this trend. But I would like to point out that I'm doing it partially out of necessity. I need inexpensive ways to build a home, and I also like to entertain. I realized the other day that I could build the outdoor table needed for our backyard dinner party this weekend, while simultaneously acquiring the materials needed to build a floating bed. I don't want to waste money, but I want to entertain at least once this summer. Since buying a table for one occasion would be the epitome of wasteful, I decided to find a way to build a table that could turn into a bed as soon as we were done with the dishes.
Pallets are funny because they are old wood, but it's so trendy now that they are kind of hard to find. Paying for materials would defeat the purpose of keeping a budget of FREE, so I got to searching. Craigslist was a bust. So was Facebook Marketplace, and Casper Classifieds. There were postings for dirty looking pallets 80 miles away, but a tank of gas is not free. So I dug in a little deeper and stumbled across an article with tips on finding pallets.
It said to look for stores that transport dry goods...no grocery stores, or gardening stores. Anything wet can mold the wood and not only be an eyesore, but a liability. So I decided to call our local Petco, and low and behold the man that answered the phone told me they get shipments every Wednesday and Thursday and he just throws them out back. He told me to just come pick them up.
It was that simple.
So, there will be upcoming posts on our dinner, and building our bed I'm sure. But in the meantime, here is some inspiration I am working through. Of course Chris needs to like it too, but I think we can come to an agreement.
*All images are linked to the source
Now, for the other 4 simple things I made note of today:
- Getting my Hunter boots and camera charger in the mail today.
- Rico being super cuddly because Glady was at the vet getting fixed. (Which didn't end up happening...they over booked, so I had to go get her. Next Tuesday it is!)
- Finding my outfits for a bachelorette party in July. (If you are friends with a group of girls, you know what a big win this is...there are rules here and you must obey!)
- The animal hospital being super close to our house so I could run back and get the rabies certificates I forgot, and also go pick Glady up within 5 minutes of them telling me it was a no go.
- Quick refund turnarounds from a new bank app I started using. Seriously, same day reversals!
Okay, I know that's 5, but that's a good thing. My day started with puffy eyes from crying, so I'll take 5 blessings when I can get 'em.
Until next time,