Morning NON Routines
THIS BLOG IS SO FUN! Seriously. I am doing this on my lunch break. It's so fun, and the gratitude part is just doing wonders for my outlook and general daily demeanor. For real.
Something I noted today was that my mornings are flowing much easier than they have in a long time. I usually end up doing some version of coffee, cuddling with Chris, stretching, checking out the garden, meditating, and journaling. I must say, NONE of this is ever planned.
I used to be a huge advocate of morning routines. Literally everything was planned. When I woke up, the amount of time spent meditating, the amount of time spent getting ready, breakfast, yoga...it was all regulated. And that worked for a period of my life. The problem became that I held myself to that standard even after my lifestyle changed, and it never flowed. It was always a struggle and it never ended up being a routine, because it just wasn't right for me.
So now, I still wake up at the same time, but if the pups want to go outside, we go outside. If Chris can sleep in a little with me, we cuddle. And then, when he leaves at 7 to go to work, I have time to sit and think about what would feel nice. More often than not, that is a little stretching, a little meditation, and then some time spent outside grounding, checking out the garden, and just enjoying the quiet before the day starts.
Ditching the routine worked for me, but I'm sure a solid morning routine still works for a lot of other people. I think as long as your listening to what you need before you start your day, you're in good shape.
Other things I was grateful for today:
- Rico not getting hit by a freaking CAR. I know it seems like I am a negligant dog owner, but I am not. The gate just got left open when the AC was turned on and Rico went exploring out the front gate that leads straight out into a busy street. I ran around looking for him, yelling his name, and once again he just waltzes back through the gate super stoked that he got to go somewhere new and mom couldn't stop him. I'm going to have a heart attack one of these days.
- The rare finding of a perfect rental home, in our budget, in CO, and a great conversation with the owners over the phone. Who knows how this will play out, but even finding something like this exists is cause to be grateful.
- Finding a good groove at work. It's just been one of those days where things are clicking and I am just checking things off my list like nobody's business. Days aren't always like this, so I am taking note.
- Lessons around simplifying: I am learning that it is okay to start with grand plans, but it's also okay to whittle those down into as equally awesome, just less stressful ways of doing things. Take the upcoming dinner party for example.
- My awesome co worker. She is an account manager like me, and I just enjoy talking to her so much. We always joke that we are twins (we have a ton of the same clothes haha) and it's just so much fun having her as a colleague!
That oughta do it! Until next time!