We are home.
Okay, technically, we are still in a nomadic state while we house sit for Chris' uncle...but we are in Colorado and that is home enough for me. We learned so much in Wyoming. So much. We now know we prefer the quiet to the city, we know that nature heals all wounds, and we know that we like to be away but not too far away. We like to have our space, but we also like to have our friends and family close by. Not to mention some sort of mall for me, and a certain Jiu Jitsu facility for Chris. We are so grateful for all the time, lessons, and opportunities given to us while in Wyoming, but it's onto the next adventure...and that adventure awaits us in Colorado. My home. Our home.
Be aware...the next couple weeks of posts are going to be very cheesy. We are just so happy to be taking care of horses, relaxing on the patio, and letting the dogs run around. I'm not even going to try to play it cool. (Not that I have ever been able to anyways...)
So here is a quick photo journal of our first 24 hours back in the state I grew up in, and the only state Chris has ever felt the desire to return to long term.
Simple Things that made me feel grateful
- Morning chores. I know we are in a fairy tale chore land, where the weather is perfect, and it's all brand new, and we still willingly want to wake up early to take care of the horses....but still. I was happy shoveling horse shit today. Can't deny it.
- These humming birds man. They are non stop, and at some points there are like 7 just buzzing around. I am in heaven.
- Small world coincidences. Last night Randy mentioned the name of someone a couple towns over, and I recognized it as my high school classmate's husband. Turns out her husband sells Chris' uncle all his tractors. #wtf
- Adventure pups having some space. These guys can live anywhere, but they light up when they have room to run around and there are animals to chase.
- How happy Chris seems. Not even like a cheesy grinny happy, but like a pure enjoyment, he feels at home happy...which in turn makes me happy.
That's all for now...happy Sunday!