Quick rundown because it's been a minute or two since my last post:
- We finally moved into our little cabin in the woods. We even signed a lease for a whole year! It came fully furnished (although we put most of it in storage and made it our own as much as we could), so we can live comfortably while also saving for our first home. (We don't plan on doing this the traditional way either, don't worry.) It's about an hour and a half from Denver, an hour from Breckenridge, and is surrounded by the most beautiful mountain ranches you have ever seen. It's so peaceful.
- Chris started his own biz and we are figuring it out as we go!
- I still feel a little stuck. With a year full of as many changes as this last year has offered, I'm having a hard time finding my optimism. My usual bag of tricks isn't working, so I started seeing a therapist again and I'm excited to see where it goes. I'm not ashamed to admit that sometimes I need help. I'd rather deal with it head on, then try to avoid it.
- We have had some curve balls (last minute trips to Iowa due to a death in the fam, flat tires in the dark that led to a little Chevy slumber party, bears on the back deck, internet setup snafoos) but I feel like we really are a family at this point. We face it all together, and we always have more than enough resources to tackle it and move on.
Anyways, I don't want to get to deep into the woods (pun intended) because these posts are meant to be S I M P L E. So here is a quick rundown of our time here thus far, and I will try to be a little more consistent with these posts :)
Okay, as I am looking at the rest of the photos I chose, I am realizing we have been eating really well again! I guess that is what happens when you love your kitchen space and are half an hour from any grocery stores. We have plenty stocked up, and while the place is older, it's sunny, spacious, and has killer views. Without even realizing it, we have whipped up some really good stuff!
Fried eggs with flax cracker stacks (guac, sprouts, tomato, and leftover salmon); chocolate berry smoothie topped with cacao nibs; chicken tacos; Chris' tequila concoction - he juices fresh fruit and adds tequila. This particular batch was super thick and creamy.
[ S I M P L E T H I N G S ]
- Sleeping in with the fam this morning.
- Finally being able to focus all day at work. Felt good.
- Relaxing and drawing in this journal. (I write in my journal every day, not every day makes it onto the blog...clearly.)
- Lots of veggies!
- A Rico under my desk all day <3
That oughta do it! A little lengthy, but I suppose that's necessary after a small hiatus. Time to finish 23 Jumpstreet and chill on the couch all night. Not mad about it.